Saturday, October 3, 2015

Onward and Upward

Coach Dean with Arizona Running Club (formally RxRunning) always signs off his emails

Onward and Upward

I've known Dean for nine years and the Onward and Upward sign off is always uplifting.  If I'm running great I'm on the Upward.  If I'm injured (which occurs more frequently than I wish), the Onward is hopeful.

For the past six months I've had a tough time with running.  Lacking speed, motivation and endurance running wasn't fun and I compared myself to the prior me.  Comparing myself to the prior me lead to nothing but a depressive pity party.  I wanted dearly to be back to the prior me...even the nine years ago prior me when I first started running.  Knowing the only way to get there was to get out there and not worry about speed, just start running.

I finally feel like I have my mojo back. I've went out to Dean's track practice twice,  I'm up to a 10 miles long run and have been out to 5K's and 10K's. It's been great being at the races and seeing all the runners. I even ran into my good bead-nose friend Jeff from Running Thru Phoenix at the Moon Valley 5k and I'm looking forward to the Fiesta Bowl half in December and Ragnar in February.  

It's so wonderful having the Onward and Upward motivation back.

Happy Running!

2 comments:

Running Through Phoenix said...

And that motivates others who may be struggling. Thanks!!

Blog27999 said...

If you're trying to burn fat then you certainly have to jump on this totally brand new personalized keto plan.

To design this keto diet, certified nutritionists, personal trainers, and professional chefs united to develop keto meal plans that are efficient, convenient, economically-efficient, and satisfying.

From their launch in 2019, thousands of individuals have already remodeled their body and well-being with the benefits a proper keto plan can give.

Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-certified ones offered by the keto plan.